How was The Thrive Programme ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’ developed?
Rob Kelly has spent the last 25 years analysing what makes people ‘tick’ through his work in practice as a hypnotherapist and psychoanalyst. His experiences and research have led to a high level of understanding of people’s problems, symptoms and anxieties. He has identified links between our belief systems, our different styles of thinking, and the way we respond emotionally to events, and how these responses create many of the problems and symptoms that people want and need help with.
As a result of this research and clinical experience, Rob developed The Thrive Programme and the accompanying ‘Thrive’ book. This short training programme enables people to understand the importance of their cognitive processes and to see how particular unhelpful beliefs and ways of thinking can lead to the formation of many symptoms and problems, including anxiety, depression, phobias and immune system issues. The programme shows people that the way they think, feel and react to situations has a profound effect upon how they experience life. Thrive encourages individuals to challenge their current unhelpful ways of thinking and then to develop helpful beliefs, thoughts and psychological tools, which will enable them to flourish in life.
‘Cure your Emetophobia & Thrive’ was researched and written after emetophobic readers of Rob’s first book ‘Thrive’ asked for a specific edition that related to a fear of being sick.
How does The Thrive Programme work?
The Thrive Programme is a six-part training programme based upon the ‘Thrive’ book. You can either work through the book at home by yourself or you can complete it alongside face-to-face or Skype sessions with a licensed Thrive Programme Consultant. Everything in the programme is fully backed up by clinical experience and research. Visit The Thrive Programme Shop to view our various books.
The training involves:
- Helping you to understand that, as demonstrated by research, anxieties, depressive disorders, phobias, fears, and even illnesses and immune system issues have a substantial cognitive component to them. That is to say, that the symptom or problem itself, or the severity of the distress experienced by the sufferer in relation to it, is caused or exacerbated by the way the sufferer thinks and feels.
- Exploring the limiting beliefs and thoughts that you hold and how these profoundly affect how you experience life.
- Helping you to understand Locus of Control, a well-documented and studied psychological concept that describes how powerful or in control a person believes him or herself to be. People with an internal Locus of Control believe that they generally control their own lives. Studies have shown they are less likely than those with an external locus to suffer from issues such as being overweight, smoking or drinking too much, or to have phobias, anxieties and confident issues. Additionally, they also tend to have a positive and resilient attitude towards life and have been shown to fight illness better.
- Understanding how you create your level of self-esteem and can change it in just two weeks, resulting in huge knock-on effects.
- Examining how social anxiety is created and how you can reduce your fear of being judged by others, quickly and easily.
- Understanding how your personality and the specific ‘thinking styles’ that you adopt have an impact upon you.
- Exploring how the language that you use has a profound effect upon your emotions and beliefs.
- Understanding how YOU create anxiety and stress, and how to stop doing so!
- Investigating how your thinking and emotions can affect your immune system and your ability to stay healthy.
- Learning how to develop a sense of personal control, maintain high self-esteem and reduce social anxiety, enabling you to Thrive. When people are thriving, they are living their life to the full. They find it easier to stay happy and healthy, to be successful and to achieve their goals.
How Can the Thrive Programme Improve My Life?
Whether you are fit or unfit, well or unwell, happy or unhappy, healthy or unhealthy, the way you think and what you believe have a profound influence over the rest of your body. The Thrive Programme can enable people to overcome emetophobia and other fears and phobias, but it is also effective at helping a much wider range of symptoms and problems.
Here are some of the other problems/symptoms/situations that people have already used this programme with, to great effect:
(Note: these are situations and symptoms taken from testimonials that people have already given us and can be viewed on our main Thrive Programme site)
- Overcoming ME/Post Viral Fatigue/Chronic Fatigue
- Helping to fight cancer/staying strong and positive during treatment and remission
- Stopping smoking, staying a non-smoker (92.5% success in recent research project)
- Resolving relationship issues – in families, marriages, and friends
- Getting over alcoholism, either by stopping drinking, or drinking in moderation
- Unexplained infertility
- Chronic anxiety, panic disorder, phobias, fears, stress
- Obsessions, obsessional thoughts, intrusive thoughts
- Obesity, dieting, losing weight, maintaining a healthy weight
- Anorexia Nervosa, bulimia, body dysmorphia, other eating disorders
- Vaginismus, premature ejaculation, frigidity, low sex drive, dislike of sex
- Getting a job, keeping a job, interview skills, building confidence skills
- Building self-esteem, maintaining high self-esteem
- Getting fit, climbing Everest, running a marathon, winning a martial-arts tournament, learning to play tennis, learning to swim, travelling the world, competing in international flying competitions…
- Kids’ symptoms and issues, including: school phobias, bed-wetting, night-terrors, not eating, eating too much, separation anxiety, nail-biting, shyness, depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, lack of confidence, hysterical symptoms, poor school work, poor academic performance, laziness, sibling rivalry
- Insomnia (including not sleeping properly for 40 years!), poor sleep, bad dreams, hyper-vigilance, night-brooding, nightmares
- Just being happy and enjoying life and getting the best out of every day of your life
Basically, just about any situation in life you might find yourself in!