Booking form: at the bottom of this page
Pre-booking essential; tickets will NOT be available on the day.
This course is ideal for anyone suffering from emetophobia, or people closely related (i.e. parent, partner) to a sufferer.
This exciting course will give you a complete overview of how you can ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’, and presented by Andrew Farquharson, Thrive Programme Consultant and Trainer for Scotland and beyond. Andrew’s engaging, enthusiastic and knowledgeable approach will leave you feeling empowered and capable, with an in-depth understanding of how you can overcome emetophobia. The day will include lectures, interactive questionnaires and insider knowledge on how to get maximum benefit from The Thrive Programme. The course includes a significant amount of information and insights that are not found in the main ‘Cure your emetophobia and Thrive’ book.
The course will include:
- Overcoming your emetophobia with the Thrive Programme
- The Thrive Formula – how to effectively apply it to yourself
- Understanding your psychological foundations – and why they are the root to your success
- Why it’s not about the past
- How your strong desire for control can make your emetophobia much worse
- Learn how to build a strong Internal Locus of Control – particularly around your self-esteem
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles – how to use them to your advantage
- How to identify the key areas that YOU need to focus on
- The role of significant others, unhelpful ‘support groups’ and other people who have inadvertently helped you to maintain your emetophobia (the course is really helpful if you are the parent of a child with emetophobia, or if your partner or spouse is suffering)
- Understanding and reducing perfectionism and obsessive thinking
- Master some powerful techniques to help manage your thinking
- Presentations from people who have already cured themselves of emetophobia using the Thrive Programme
- Getting 100% over your phobia, not just ‘a bit better’
- Question and answer session (there will opportunities to ask questions throughout the day, and to chat to Andrew and other Thrive Consultants)
- Overcome common mistakes people make when applying the programme
- Really take charge of your life, and Thrive!
Help with directions
Nestled by the Meadows park to the south west of Edinburgh city centre, The Links Hotel is within walking distance of the Castle and Princes Street but is located in the quieter suburb of Bruntsfield.
The Hotel overlooks the Bruntsfield Links which sets the hotel far back from the A702 – ensuring a peaceful surrounding but making the hotel very easily accessible…
Edinburgh International Airport is approximately 9 miles by car or taxi. A taxi to the hotel costs around £20. Alternatively, the Airlink bus operates 7 days a week and departs every 10 minutes (during the day) from the airport to the city center (Waverley train station), an open return ticket costs £6.00 per person.
Both Edinburgh Waverley and Haymarket stations are very close to the hotel. A taxi to the hotel is around £5.00.
Numerous and frequent city buses stop within 50m of the hotel for fast and low cost transport to the city centre (10 minutes) and all attractions.
Travelling along the A8 motorway, pass through Murrayfield and Haymarket. When you reach the West End of Princes Street, you will need to take a right onto Lothian Road (A700).
Continue along this road, following signs for the A702, passing 5 traffic lights as you go. When you reach a junction with a clock tower in the middle, you should take a right and continue to Home Street.
Pass a garage and then take the next left hand corner afterwards. You will see the hotel on the left hand side with a park on either side.
On street parking is available on Alvanley Terrace – from Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5.30pm it is priced at £1.40 per hour with a maximum stay of 4 hours. At all other times parking is free.
Around the corner on Warrender Park Road, on street parking is available – from Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5.30pm it is priced at £1.40 per hour with a maximum stay of 6 hours. At all other times parking is free.
Further along on Whitehouse Loan at Clinton Road, on street parking is also available – from Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5.30pm and priced at £5.50 for 9 hours. At all other times parking is free.
4 Alvanley Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 1DU
For more information on location contact us now.
What to Bring
Bring your copy of ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’ (available here): to gain maximum benefit from the training day, you need to have studied the book beforehand. It is not essential to have completed all the exercises, actions and quizzes prior to the training day. Full course notes will be available to download from the website after the event.
Lunch, tea and coffee will be provided. If you wish you can bring your own own lunch for the day.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for anyone suffering from emetophobia, whether you’ve suffered for one year, one decade or one lifetime! Close family members and spouses can have a significant impact on your ability to cure your emetophobia – the course is ideal for them as well so bring them along.
Forthcoming Dates for ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’ with Rob Kelly
Manchester – 2015 date TBA
New York – 2015 date TBA
Oslo – 14/15 June 2015
Future dates for 2015 include USA and Canada. To register your interest in future courses please send an e mail to Andrew Farquharson and please check our Facebook page for further announcements.
To organise a conference in your area, get in touch!