Sorry for the delay but… we are finally coming to NEW YORK!!!
We have been promising it for months, but I am very excited to state that we have now booked a one-day training course in New York, for Saturday 21st November 2015. Please put this date in your diary now.
The one-day seminar at The Marriott Hotel, Brooklyn will follow the pattern of our other recent recent International seminars (Copenhagen, London, Oslo and Madrid) and it will be a comprehensive overview of the only predictable cure for emetophobia: The Thrive Programme. You will need a copy of ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’, which you can order direct from here.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone suffering from emetophobia (a significant fear of being sick/vomiting) whether you fear yourself or others being sick.
- Friends and family members of sufferers of emetophobia
- Professionals interested in the study and treatment of emetophobia
If you suffer from emetophobia, this seminar will prepare and set you on a six week – supported – programme to COMPLETELY overcome your phobia.
The course supports the international Amazon Best Selling book on Emetophobia – Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive by Rob Kelly
What is the course all about?
This exciting course will give you a complete overview of how you can ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’, with an opportunity to have your questions answered by Rob Kelly. Rob’s engaging, enthusiastic (and sometimes irreverent) approach will leave you feeling empowered and capable, with an in-depth understanding of how you can overcome emetophobia. The day will include lectures, interactive questionnaires and insider knowledge on how to get maximum benefit from The Thrive Programme. The course includes a significant amount of information and insights from Rob’s twenty-five years clinical experience.
The course will include:
- Overcoming your emetophobia with the Thrive Programme
- The Thrive Formula – how to effectively apply it to yourself
- Understanding your psychological foundations – and why they are the root to your success
- Why it’s not about the past
- How your strong desire for control can make your emetophobia much worse
- Learn how to build a strong Internal Locus of Control – particularly around your self-esteem
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles – how to use them to your advantage
- How to identify the key areas that YOU need to focus on
- The role of significant others, unhelpful ‘support groups’ and other people who have inadvertently helped you to maintain your emetophobia (the course is really helpful if you are the parent of a child with emetophobia, or if your partner or spouse is suffering)
- Understanding and reducing perfectionism and obsessive thinking
- Master some powerful techniques to help manage your thinking
- Presentations from people who have already cured themselves of emetophobia using the Thrive Programme
- Getting 100% over your phobia, not just ‘a bit better’
- Question and answer session (there will opportunities to ask questions throughout the day, and to chat to Rob Kelly and other Thrive Consultants)
- Overcome common mistakes people make when applying the programme
- Really take charge of your life, and Thrive!
The above video is the opening hour of the recent ‘Cure your emetophobia and thrive’ training course in London.
Feedback from the recent training weekend in Copenhagen:
100% of attendees would recommend the event to another sufferer of emetophobia.
We asked the delegates, ‘Which was the most helpful part of the weekend’?
These are their replies:
“There is SO much – most of it was the most helpful”
“You are awesome! I feel so dedicated and looking forward to living my new life”
“Just about everything! I now know what to do to try to manage my thinking and challenge myself in every area to get better (self-esteem, social anxiety etc)”
“That I can change my thoughts/beliefs”
“It can only be better from now on”
“Just being here to hear about the Thrive Programme”
“To hear everything said out loud. It’s easy to read and now it’s easy to do the actions because of a weekend full of examples”
“Asking myself – ‘is my thought helpful?'”
“Being gentle and loving when not colluding with my partner”
“It’s not about trying to cure my emetophobia – it’s about building my psychological foundations. It’s not Mount Everest; it’s a small hill I have to climb”
“I was very positively surprised. I was rather sceptical (defences up!) when registering. I feel empowered and relieved”
“It’s not about the past”
“That I am creating this entirely in my mind”
“The black and white marbles have been comforting, that I can do something about everything at once [and learn to Thrive], not just overcome emetophobia”
“Focus on effort not outcome”
“I drove myself here – first long drive in seven years and it was totally worth it”
Saturday 21st November 2015
The training will start at 09.30 and finish around 18.30
The Marriott Hotel, Brooklyn.
New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
333 Adams Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201 USA
Find directions and details here.
What to Bring:
Bring your copy of ‘Cure your Emetophobia and Thrive’ (available here): to gain maximum benefit from the training day, you need to have studied the book beforehand. It is not essential to have completed all the exercises, actions and quizzes prior to the training day. Full course notes will be available to download from the website after the event.
Tea and coffee will be provided. Bring your own lunch or pop out and buy something locally.
To book your place, please fill in your details below and send your payment via paypal.
The cost is $450 for the training course AND eight weeks online support, or $350 for the training course only.
payment via paypal (contact me for other methods)
|Choose your option:|
|Your Name, Email and Phone:|
This programme has a proven success rate in curing emetophobia – in our recent study of 66 emetophobes, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM OVERCAME THEIR PHOBIA! Click here to see our research paper